California Department of Consumer AffairsThe California Department of Consumer Affairs often uses the acronym DCA. The DCA investigates consumer complaints on issues that fall under the jurisdiction of the business the department covers. The DCA administers more than 3.4 million licenses and 280 license types under their jurisdiction. If an investigation into a consumer complaint is found to be against the bylaws and regulations of the department, they have the authority to authorize probationary terms or suspend or remove a license or permit if needed. Fines, citations, letters of reprimand, or cease and desist orders also come from the Department of Consumer Affairs.

To help them better serve the public when issuing licenses, the DCA requires many entities to obtain a surety bond before they issue the license and permit. This helps to create a failsafe if any of their bylaws are broken and creates a vehicle to restore any losses caused by any wrongdoings.

Common surety bonds that the DCA requires include:

California Pest Control Surety Bond

A California Pest Control Bond is also called a Company Registration Bond. In order to do business in the state of California, a Pest Control Surety Bond must be on file with the Department of Consumer Affairs. This bond must be a minimum of $500,000, but most choose to purchase a bond with more coverage in order to be competitive in the industry.

California Legal Document Assistant Bond

Even though a Legal Document Assistant doesn’t need a license like a lawyer, they must have a Legal Document Assistant Bond before they can conduct business. This bond protects the company that they work for in the event of any financial harm that may be caused while doing business. The bond is set at $25,000.

California Wholesale Pharmacy Dealer Bond

Any business involved in wholesale pharmaceutical drug distribution must first obtain a Wholesale Pharmacy Dealer Bond before they can enter into business. This bond is there to guarantee payment of fines, penalties, and other administrative fees that may be due. The minimum bond requirements start at $100,000 for most businesses. There are stipulations if the business has annual gross receipts of $10 million or less.

California Cemetery Brokers Bond

A cemetery broker is anyone who sells, buys, lists, leases, solicits, or negotiates the purchase of cemetery property. In order to do business as a cemetery broker, a Cemetery Brokers Bond must be filed with the Cemetery and Funeral Bureau, which is a section of the Department of Consumer Affairs. The bond amount is a minimum of $10,000 and helps protect the general public by ensuring that the bond holder upholds all the obligations and undertakings that the position requires.

How to Apply for a Surety Bond

Click the button and fill out the form to start the application process. We work with the top markets in the industry to get you a fair rate. People who get surety bonds from Safeline Surety Bond never have to pay the full bond amount. Find out how much we can save you today!