Athletic CommissionThe Athletic Commission is responsible for issuing and enforcing licenses for all participants in fighting competitions like boxing, kickboxing, mixed martial arts, and more. This can include fighters, seconds, promoters, and more.

In order to regulate and enforce these licenses, the athletic commission may require a surety bond to be obtained before issuing a license. These types of surety bonds help ensure that all laws and regulations are adhered to by the bond holder, and they create a financial safeguard in the event that there is a loss.

Common surety bonds that are required by the Athletic Commission include:

California Professional Club and Promoter’s Bond

For anyone who wishes to get a promoter’s license, they first must obtain a Professional Club and Promoter’s Bond. This is to guarantee that all taxes and fines will be paid on time and at the proper amount. This includes payment of all medical insurance and contributions to the pension and disability fund. It ensures that all competitors and referees, judges, timekeepers, and physicians will also be paid. The minimum amount of the bond is $50,000. However, professional and amateur promoters have different requirements which stipulate different bond amounts.

How to Apply for a Surety Bond

Click the button and fill out the form to start the application process. We work with the top markets in the industry to get you a fair rate. People who get surety bonds from Safeline Surety Bond never have to pay the full bond amount. Find out how much we can save you today!