Securities and Exchange CommissionThe Securities and Exchange Commission is more commonly known under the acronym SEC. The SEC oversees securities exchanges, brokers and dealers of securities, investment advisors, and mutual funds. They promote fair dealings, the disclosure of market information, and fraud prevention. The SEC issues licenses for professionals to trade and deal in securities. These securities are financial instruments that represent some type of financial value, like stocks, bonds, and options.

The SEC requires surety bonds from many of its brokers and dealers. These bonds help guarantee that brokers and dealers obey all rules, laws, and regulations as outlined by the SEC. This is to help prevent fraud, embezzlement, and other forms of malpractice. The surety bond can assist in recouping any financial losses caused by the wrongdoing.

Common types of surety bonds that are required by the Securities and Exchange Commission include:

California Lost Stock Certificate Surety Bond

If someone loses a stock certificate, then they will need to obtain a California Lost Stock Certificate Surety Bond in order to begin the process of being issued a replacement. The bond is used to partially guarantee any financial losses for the company. The amount changes as the amount of the stock changes.

How to Apply for a Surety Bond

Click the button and fill out the form to start the application process. We work with the top markets in the industry to get you a fair rate. People who get surety bonds from Safeline Surety Bond never have to pay the full bond amount. Find out how much we can save you today!